Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WHERE'S THE MOTIVATION?

Lately I've been extremely motivated on exercising. I have to give all the credit to God because I have people praying for me to stay motivated and I've asked him myself to help me in staying "gun ho" with it all. And so far...I have. It's like everything has finally clicked with me in the exercising, watching my calorie intake, and wanting to stay healthy as I can be.

I've had several people to ask me how I stay so motivated or they commented on "how motivated I am". Believe me...the motivation has not always been there. In fact it's been missing for years and years. It's so great to get back into something worthwhile such as my health and really take it seriously. Maybe all of this has come around since my nuclear stress test in May. It all turned out great. I think with having such a great outcome it gave me even more reason to make sure that it stayed that way. Sort of like having a second chance.

God does this with us everyday. He gives us a second chance...a third and fourth. Daily we mess up, but when we ask Him to forgive us..... he makes our stress test come out clean...again and again. So have you been lacking in motivation to build a closer relationship with God? Or have you ever truly had a relationship with God? Whatever your answer just know that God's grace gives us the luxury of the "do overs"...and I think that's a good thing.

1 comment: